12 Ways to Lower Your Electric Bill
1. Keep blinds and curtains closed.
2. Install energy saving windows.
3. Change the filters in air conditioners and furnaces.
4. Place window air conditioners on the shadiest side of the house.
5. Make sure air conditioners and furnaces are the right size.
6. Have regular checkups performed on systems.
7. Keep weeds and shrubs trimmed.
8. Plant shade trees.
9. Use timers to turn lights on and off.
10. Use compact fluorescent bulbs.
11. Unplug appliances and electronics.
12. Adjust the temperature before leaving the house or going to bed.